New 9.0.x branch of the Redsys Gateway for WooCommerce from WooCommerce.com
- Added the “Bank transfers” option from Redsys. From now on, if your bank allows bank transfers through Redsys, you can allow them to be made. As a general rule, only transfers within the same bank are allowed, that is, if for example you have contracted with CaixaBank the bank transfer, only another client of CaixaBank will be able to make the transfer.
What is the difference with the default WooCommerce? It is very simple, if you make the transfer through Redsys, the order will be marked as paid in WooCommerce. Exactly how it works. It’s very simple, if the person who must make the transfer is from your bank, when it reaches Redsys will have the option to click on the link (shown in the next screenshot) and will be redirected to the online bank. Once there, you will only have to accept the transfer, since everything will be configured automatically (amount to be transferred, SWIFT, IBAN, beneficiary, etc). Once you accept the transfer, Redsys will notify WooCommerce that the order has been paid.
This is the screen you will find when you arrive at Redsys:
What happens if you do not make the transfer?
Well, when you arrive back at the store, you will see this message:
And in the order administration, you will be paid as pending transfer:
- Added a check in the payment page so that if a terminal is in test mode, a notification will be shown so that you do not start the shop and forget to uncheck working in test mode. This way, you will not find that you are sending your customers to the Sandbox.
- Declared support for WooCommerce 4.2
- Fixed the text in the configuration where you can find the gateway records.
- Improved warnings at checkout that the gateway is in test mode. It was always shown when the test option was active. It is now shown only if the test option is active and the gateway is active to be shown at checkout.
- Due to a change in the Webservice, a field was causing some problems with the signature, so subscription renewals were failing. It has been fixed in this version.
- The token validity check has been improved
If you do not yet have the official WooCommerce.com extension for Redsys, you can purchase it here and enjoy all the features that no other plugin offers.
If you don’t know everything it offers, you can look at this box where I show the differences and you will see that the premium name of this plugin is for everything it offers and difference.